Delhi gang-rape protest: `Cop died of injuries, had no heart problem`
New Delhi: The grieving family of Subhash Chand Tomar holds protesters responsible for the death of the Delhi police constable who on Tuesday succumbed to injuries sustained in violence during protests against the gang-rape of a woman.
"My father died because of the chaos during the protests at India Gate. Protesters pushed him, they trampled him. He had internal injuries. The claims that he did not receive injuries are false," Tomar`s son Aditya said.
Doubts are being raised about the cause of the death of the constable during the protests.
Meanwhile, Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh said the protests by students were peaceful, but some elements became violent which resulted in the constable`s death.
The Delhi police have claimed that Tomar was beaten up by protesters at India Gate during the anti-rape protests.
However, an eyewitness has claimed that Tomar was not beaten up by protesters, but just collapsed while walking.
Also, Dr PS Sidhu at Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital has told a news agency that the constable had no major external injury marks when he was brought to the hospital. The constable is reported to have no fracture either.
Tomar`s family claimed that the policeman did not have a history of heart problems. "Tomar was attacked by protesters. He did not suffer from any heart-related problems," Tomar`s relative Naveen Chaudhary said.
The 47-year-old constable died early Tuesday due to respiratory and cardiovascular problems sparked off by Sunday`s attack on him on a road leading to India Gate during protests against the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman on December 16 night in a moving bus in South Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah