Delhi gang-rape victim wanted her tormentors `burnt alive`
London: On her death bed, the 23-year-old Delhi girl who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted on a bus, told her mother that she wanted her tormentors to be `burnt alive` as a punishment for what they did to her.
The grieving mother of the physiotherapy student now says that her soul will never know any rest if the men who tormented her daughter were not hanged.
"She was our life. I want only one thing. I want to see those animals hang," the 46-year-old mother of the young girl told The Sunday Telegraph.
As the culprits face a trial amid a huge outcry in India, the mother recalls how her daughter had expressed in no uncertain terms that she wanted them burnt alive.
"Mama, I want them to be burnt alive," is what the girl had whispered to her mother on her death bed.
The girl, who had suffered severe internal injuries and infection following the brutal attack, died in Singapore on December 29 after being flown to a hospital there for a possible intestine transplant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter