Delhi gangrape: Police remand for 2, JC for others
New Delhi: A Delhi court today sent two of the Dhaula Kuan gangrape accused to Tihar Jail for their identification by the victim, while remanding two others in five days of police custody for their interrogation.
Metropolitan Magistrate Pawan Singh Rajawat sent Shahid alias `Chhota Billi` and Usman to Tihar jail under judicial custody for two days after police produced them before the court following their arrest yesterday.
The two were remanded in judicial custody as police told the court that they have to be put to test identification parade (TIP) by the victim.
To rule out the chances of any allegation that they were shown to the victim by the police prior to their identification by the victim, they need to be kept in judicial custody, police said.
The duo are to be produced before the magistrate again on December 8 after their TIP on Tuesday.
The two others, Shamshad and Usman who were produced before the court after their identification by the victim on Saturday, were remanded in police custody to enable sleuths interrogate them and gather various evidence of their involvement in the crime.
The two had been first produced before the court on December 3, when they were sent to Tihar for their TIP.
The rape took place on early hours of November 26 when a Mizo woman working in a BPO was abducted from her way back home and gangraped by five miscreants in a moving vehicle.
She was walking towards her residence in Moti village near Dhaula Kuan in South Delhi along with one of her colleagues when the accused pounced upon her, put her in their vehicle and sped it off with her.
They allegedly took turns to rape her in the moving vehicle and later dumped her near Mongolpuri in West Delhi.
The fifth accused also known as `Bada Billi` is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report