Delhi govt hands over Rs 15 lakh to gang-rape victim`s father
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday handed over a cheque of Rs 15 lakh as ex-gratia to the father of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
The Chief Minister assured him of all possible help to the family and told him that her government would explore the possibility of providing a flat to them.
Dikshit handed over the cheque to the father of the girl at her residence.
The decision to extend the financial help to the family of the deceased girl was taken by the Delhi Cabinet on December 31.
The Chief Minister also told him that Delhi government would help the family in education of their two sons and make them earning members.
The physiotherapy student was brutally gangraped and assaulted in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Apart from family members of the victim, West Delhi Lok Sabha MP Mahabal Mishra and Parliamentary Secretary to the Chief Minister Mukesh Sharma were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!