Delhi govt hands over Rs 15 lakh to gang-rape victim`s father
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday handed over a cheque of Rs 15 lakh as ex-gratia to the father of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
The Chief Minister assured him of all possible help to the family and told him that her government would explore the possibility of providing a flat to them.
Dikshit handed over the cheque to the father of the girl at her residence.
The decision to extend the financial help to the family of the deceased girl was taken by the Delhi Cabinet on December 31.
The Chief Minister also told him that Delhi government would help the family in education of their two sons and make them earning members.
The physiotherapy student was brutally gangraped and assaulted in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Apart from family members of the victim, West Delhi Lok Sabha MP Mahabal Mishra and Parliamentary Secretary to the Chief Minister Mukesh Sharma were also present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents