Delhi has witnessed all-round development: Dikshit
New Delhi: Delhi has witnessed a sea-change in transport sector with introduction of metro service, low floors buses and construction of flyovers, footover bridges and underpasses, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Friday.
"It has ensured hassle-free and fast movement of traffic and my government has been striving to provide world-class infrastructure in the city," she said while laying the foundation stone for renovation of Mehrauli Bus Terminal.
To decongest various arterial roads in South Delhi, especially in Mehrauli locality, Dikshit said Delhi government would consider construction of an elevated road or road on forest land.
"More low floor air conditioned and non air conditioned buses were being added to the Delhi Transport Corporation fleet and there will be no scarcity of buses for Delhiites," she added.
Highlighting achievements of her government, she said Delhi has witnessed an all-round development in the field of school education, higher education, health, welfare apart and witnessed a positive change by adopting e-governance procedures.
Terming Delhi as a medical tourism hub as it was providing the best surgery and treatment at very reasonable rates, she said, "the government has decided to install 120 dialysis machines to offer the facility for free to the poor."
She said her government has regularised more than 900 colonies and also decided to grant ownership rights in 45 resettlement colonies to benefit to lakhs of people.
Delhi Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami, who was also present, said that five lakh residents would be benefited and added that the terminal would be equipped with all facilities such as toilets for men and women, drinking water, bus queue shelters and sufficient lighting arrangements would be made during night for security reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today