Delhi has witnessed all-round development: Dikshit
New Delhi: Delhi has witnessed a sea-change in transport sector with introduction of metro service, low floors buses and construction of flyovers, footover bridges and underpasses, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Friday.
"It has ensured hassle-free and fast movement of traffic and my government has been striving to provide world-class infrastructure in the city," she said while laying the foundation stone for renovation of Mehrauli Bus Terminal.
To decongest various arterial roads in South Delhi, especially in Mehrauli locality, Dikshit said Delhi government would consider construction of an elevated road or road on forest land.
"More low floor air conditioned and non air conditioned buses were being added to the Delhi Transport Corporation fleet and there will be no scarcity of buses for Delhiites," she added.
Highlighting achievements of her government, she said Delhi has witnessed an all-round development in the field of school education, higher education, health, welfare apart and witnessed a positive change by adopting e-governance procedures.
Terming Delhi as a medical tourism hub as it was providing the best surgery and treatment at very reasonable rates, she said, "the government has decided to install 120 dialysis machines to offer the facility for free to the poor."
She said her government has regularised more than 900 colonies and also decided to grant ownership rights in 45 resettlement colonies to benefit to lakhs of people.
Delhi Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami, who was also present, said that five lakh residents would be benefited and added that the terminal would be equipped with all facilities such as toilets for men and women, drinking water, bus queue shelters and sufficient lighting arrangements would be made during night for security reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees