Delhi HC Bar Association to issue notice to Bhushan
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) has decided to issue show cause notice to noted lawyer Prashant Bhushan for making "scandalous" remarks
against a sitting judge Justice Suresh Kait for sending a businessman to a mental asylum for recording court proceedings.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Association Executive Committee, which was held yesterday. "Prashant Bhushan by writing the said communication and
making scandalous remarks amounts to failure on his part to safeguard the interest of this Temple of Justice; "Consequently a show cause notice be issued to him as
to why his membership of the DHCBA be not cancelled," said a letter by Mohit Mathur, Honorary Secretary of the Association.
The letter said Bhushan`s communication to CJI, President of India and the Prime Minister amounts "to interference" in the administration of justice adding that the
practice of "intimidating" the judges and through media "is deprecated and condemned."
Reacting to the Association`s decision, Bhushan said the Bar should itself have taken some steps in the case. Instead, they want to favour the judge, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic