Delhi HC Bar Association to issue notice to Bhushan
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) has decided to issue show cause notice to noted lawyer Prashant Bhushan for making "scandalous" remarks
against a sitting judge Justice Suresh Kait for sending a businessman to a mental asylum for recording court proceedings.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Association Executive Committee, which was held yesterday. "Prashant Bhushan by writing the said communication and
making scandalous remarks amounts to failure on his part to safeguard the interest of this Temple of Justice; "Consequently a show cause notice be issued to him as
to why his membership of the DHCBA be not cancelled," said a letter by Mohit Mathur, Honorary Secretary of the Association.
The letter said Bhushan`s communication to CJI, President of India and the Prime Minister amounts "to interference" in the administration of justice adding that the
practice of "intimidating" the judges and through media "is deprecated and condemned."
Reacting to the Association`s decision, Bhushan said the Bar should itself have taken some steps in the case. Instead, they want to favour the judge, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations