Delhi HC Bar Association to issue notice to Bhushan
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) has decided to issue show cause notice to noted lawyer Prashant Bhushan for making "scandalous" remarks
against a sitting judge Justice Suresh Kait for sending a businessman to a mental asylum for recording court proceedings.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Association Executive Committee, which was held yesterday. "Prashant Bhushan by writing the said communication and
making scandalous remarks amounts to failure on his part to safeguard the interest of this Temple of Justice; "Consequently a show cause notice be issued to him as
to why his membership of the DHCBA be not cancelled," said a letter by Mohit Mathur, Honorary Secretary of the Association.
The letter said Bhushan`s communication to CJI, President of India and the Prime Minister amounts "to interference" in the administration of justice adding that the
practice of "intimidating" the judges and through media "is deprecated and condemned."
Reacting to the Association`s decision, Bhushan said the Bar should itself have taken some steps in the case. Instead, they want to favour the judge, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional