Delhi HC blast: Govt releases compensation
New Delhi: The government has provided
Rs 10 lakh each as compensation to the next of kin of 14
persons killed in the Delhi High Court blast on September 7.
In a statement, the Home Ministry said a total of
Rs 2.39 crore has been provided as financial assistance from
the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund and Chief Minister`s
"Rs 7 lakh each has been provided to the dependents of
the deceased (14 cases) and those who are permanently
incapacitated (6 cases). Rs 3 lakh each has been given to
those who sustained major injuries (31 cases) and Rs 20,000
each to those with minor injuries (29 cases)," the statement
In addition to the above, an amount of Rs 3 lakh each is
being provided under the Central Scheme for assistance to
victims of terrorist and communal violence to the dependents
of the deceased and those who are permanently incapacitated.
In the one remaining case of death, assistance would be
provided on identification of a nominated beneficiary from
among his surviving dependents.
In the September 7 Delhi High Court bomb blast, 15
persons lost their lives, six were permanently incapacitated,
31 sustained major injuries and 29 minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery