Delhi HC blast: Govt releases compensation
New Delhi: The government has provided
Rs 10 lakh each as compensation to the next of kin of 14
persons killed in the Delhi High Court blast on September 7.
In a statement, the Home Ministry said a total of
Rs 2.39 crore has been provided as financial assistance from
the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund and Chief Minister`s
"Rs 7 lakh each has been provided to the dependents of
the deceased (14 cases) and those who are permanently
incapacitated (6 cases). Rs 3 lakh each has been given to
those who sustained major injuries (31 cases) and Rs 20,000
each to those with minor injuries (29 cases)," the statement
In addition to the above, an amount of Rs 3 lakh each is
being provided under the Central Scheme for assistance to
victims of terrorist and communal violence to the dependents
of the deceased and those who are permanently incapacitated.
In the one remaining case of death, assistance would be
provided on identification of a nominated beneficiary from
among his surviving dependents.
In the September 7 Delhi High Court bomb blast, 15
persons lost their lives, six were permanently incapacitated,
31 sustained major injuries and 29 minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in