Delhi HC blast: Govt releases compensation
New Delhi: The government has provided
Rs 10 lakh each as compensation to the next of kin of 14
persons killed in the Delhi High Court blast on September 7.
In a statement, the Home Ministry said a total of
Rs 2.39 crore has been provided as financial assistance from
the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund and Chief Minister`s
"Rs 7 lakh each has been provided to the dependents of
the deceased (14 cases) and those who are permanently
incapacitated (6 cases). Rs 3 lakh each has been given to
those who sustained major injuries (31 cases) and Rs 20,000
each to those with minor injuries (29 cases)," the statement
In addition to the above, an amount of Rs 3 lakh each is
being provided under the Central Scheme for assistance to
victims of terrorist and communal violence to the dependents
of the deceased and those who are permanently incapacitated.
In the one remaining case of death, assistance would be
provided on identification of a nominated beneficiary from
among his surviving dependents.
In the September 7 Delhi High Court bomb blast, 15
persons lost their lives, six were permanently incapacitated,
31 sustained major injuries and 29 minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!