Delhi HC blast: Govt releases compensation
New Delhi: The government has provided
Rs 10 lakh each as compensation to the next of kin of 14
persons killed in the Delhi High Court blast on September 7.
In a statement, the Home Ministry said a total of
Rs 2.39 crore has been provided as financial assistance from
the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund and Chief Minister`s
"Rs 7 lakh each has been provided to the dependents of
the deceased (14 cases) and those who are permanently
incapacitated (6 cases). Rs 3 lakh each has been given to
those who sustained major injuries (31 cases) and Rs 20,000
each to those with minor injuries (29 cases)," the statement
In addition to the above, an amount of Rs 3 lakh each is
being provided under the Central Scheme for assistance to
victims of terrorist and communal violence to the dependents
of the deceased and those who are permanently incapacitated.
In the one remaining case of death, assistance would be
provided on identification of a nominated beneficiary from
among his surviving dependents.
In the September 7 Delhi High Court bomb blast, 15
persons lost their lives, six were permanently incapacitated,
31 sustained major injuries and 29 minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31