Delhi HC suggests tough law to check fake driving license
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has suggested a tough law to check fake driving licence holders freely driving on city roads as also those who issue such licences.
The court also set up a committee comprising five
lawyers and the Joint Commissioner of Police and directed the
police to convene a meeting of committee members with
insurance companies to have a detailed discussion to sort out
the problem on December 14.
While hearing a motor accident case in which the
driver had a fake driving licence, Justice J R Midha, in an
order, has sent 9 suggestions, submitted by senior counsel
Arun Mohan, to the export committee of the Ministry of
Road and Transport for consideration.
Advocate Mohan suggested a special cell with an e-mail
address to be created to entertain the complaints relating to
fake license holders.
Whenever the police registers an FIR against a person
for driving with fake licence, particulars of the FIR be
entered by the cell in the entry against the information
received, the counsel suggested.
He said the cell should prepare a tabulated chart for
the information received and look for any pattern within it
and take action according to law.
The senior lawyer said the detail about the offender
should be displayed on the website so that the transport
authorities in other states can access the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends