Delhi HC suggests tough law to check fake driving license
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has suggested a tough law to check fake driving licence holders freely driving on city roads as also those who issue such licences.
The court also set up a committee comprising five
lawyers and the Joint Commissioner of Police and directed the
police to convene a meeting of committee members with
insurance companies to have a detailed discussion to sort out
the problem on December 14.
While hearing a motor accident case in which the
driver had a fake driving licence, Justice J R Midha, in an
order, has sent 9 suggestions, submitted by senior counsel
Arun Mohan, to the export committee of the Ministry of
Road and Transport for consideration.
Advocate Mohan suggested a special cell with an e-mail
address to be created to entertain the complaints relating to
fake license holders.
Whenever the police registers an FIR against a person
for driving with fake licence, particulars of the FIR be
entered by the cell in the entry against the information
received, the counsel suggested.
He said the cell should prepare a tabulated chart for
the information received and look for any pattern within it
and take action according to law.
The senior lawyer said the detail about the offender
should be displayed on the website so that the transport
authorities in other states can access the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh