`Delhi hospitals needs to give more attention to HICS`
New Delhi: Hospitals in city should give more attention to strengthening Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) and impart more training for capacity building of emergency medical professionals, according to an assessment of mock drill exercises conducted on Tuesday.
The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) jointly conducted the Delhi Emergency Management Exercise at hospitals and other installations yesterday.
In an assessment of the Tuesday`s exercises, the DDMA said the hospitals responded promptly and triage of victims was done in hospitals in well demarcated triage zone with remarkable speed.
"The Disaster Management Plans of hospitals were well documented. Patient registration was done very fast and there is committed and skilled workforce in hospitals," the report said.
"The patients information system in the hospitals needs to be strengthened and Hospital Incident Command System needs to be strengthened and more training is required for capacity building of emergency medical professionals," the assessment said.
HICS is based upon the Hospital Emergency Incident Command System (HEICS), which was created in the late 1980s as an important foundation for the 5,815 registered hospitals in the US in their efforts to prepare for and respond to various types of disasters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe