`Delhi hospitals needs to give more attention to HICS`
New Delhi: Hospitals in city should give more attention to strengthening Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) and impart more training for capacity building of emergency medical professionals, according to an assessment of mock drill exercises conducted on Tuesday.
The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) jointly conducted the Delhi Emergency Management Exercise at hospitals and other installations yesterday.
In an assessment of the Tuesday`s exercises, the DDMA said the hospitals responded promptly and triage of victims was done in hospitals in well demarcated triage zone with remarkable speed.
"The Disaster Management Plans of hospitals were well documented. Patient registration was done very fast and there is committed and skilled workforce in hospitals," the report said.
"The patients information system in the hospitals needs to be strengthened and Hospital Incident Command System needs to be strengthened and more training is required for capacity building of emergency medical professionals," the assessment said.
HICS is based upon the Hospital Emergency Incident Command System (HEICS), which was created in the late 1980s as an important foundation for the 5,815 registered hospitals in the US in their efforts to prepare for and respond to various types of disasters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections