Delhi police commissioner likely to be announced on Tuesday
New Delhi: Government is likely to announce
the name of the new Delhi Police Commissioner on Tuesday,
Tihar Jail Director General B K Gupta is likely to
succeed incumbent Y S Dadwal, who is widely credited for the
peaceful completion of last month`s Commonwealth Games, they
The order in this regard is likely to be issued
tomorrow evening, they added.
The new Commissioner will take over on November 10,
they said. Dadwal is likely to be transfered to a paramilitary
force as its Director General.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna had forwarded the
names of three senior IPS officers, including that of Gupta,
to the Home Ministry for consideration for the coveted post.
The other 2 officers in the panel are Delhi Police
Special Commissioner (Admin) Neeraj Kumar and Special
Commissioner (Traffic) Ajay Chadha.
Gupta belongs to 1975 batch of IPS, while Kumar and
Chadha belong to 1976 and 1977 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- 'Mohenjo Daro' crosses Rs 100 crore-mark worldwide
- Government can't expect RBI to do everything for growth: Bank of Baroda chief
- Banned URLs: Here is the full list of the blocked websites
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala