Delhi police commissioner likely to be announced on Tuesday
New Delhi: Government is likely to announce
the name of the new Delhi Police Commissioner on Tuesday,
Tihar Jail Director General B K Gupta is likely to
succeed incumbent Y S Dadwal, who is widely credited for the
peaceful completion of last month`s Commonwealth Games, they
The order in this regard is likely to be issued
tomorrow evening, they added.
The new Commissioner will take over on November 10,
they said. Dadwal is likely to be transfered to a paramilitary
force as its Director General.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna had forwarded the
names of three senior IPS officers, including that of Gupta,
to the Home Ministry for consideration for the coveted post.
The other 2 officers in the panel are Delhi Police
Special Commissioner (Admin) Neeraj Kumar and Special
Commissioner (Traffic) Ajay Chadha.
Gupta belongs to 1975 batch of IPS, while Kumar and
Chadha belong to 1976 and 1977 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city