Delhi police commissioner likely to be announced on Tuesday
New Delhi: Government is likely to announce
the name of the new Delhi Police Commissioner on Tuesday,
Tihar Jail Director General B K Gupta is likely to
succeed incumbent Y S Dadwal, who is widely credited for the
peaceful completion of last month`s Commonwealth Games, they
The order in this regard is likely to be issued
tomorrow evening, they added.
The new Commissioner will take over on November 10,
they said. Dadwal is likely to be transfered to a paramilitary
force as its Director General.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna had forwarded the
names of three senior IPS officers, including that of Gupta,
to the Home Ministry for consideration for the coveted post.
The other 2 officers in the panel are Delhi Police
Special Commissioner (Admin) Neeraj Kumar and Special
Commissioner (Traffic) Ajay Chadha.
Gupta belongs to 1975 batch of IPS, while Kumar and
Chadha belong to 1976 and 1977 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption