Delhi police commissioner likely to be announced on Tuesday
New Delhi: Government is likely to announce
the name of the new Delhi Police Commissioner on Tuesday,
Tihar Jail Director General B K Gupta is likely to
succeed incumbent Y S Dadwal, who is widely credited for the
peaceful completion of last month`s Commonwealth Games, they
The order in this regard is likely to be issued
tomorrow evening, they added.
The new Commissioner will take over on November 10,
they said. Dadwal is likely to be transfered to a paramilitary
force as its Director General.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna had forwarded the
names of three senior IPS officers, including that of Gupta,
to the Home Ministry for consideration for the coveted post.
The other 2 officers in the panel are Delhi Police
Special Commissioner (Admin) Neeraj Kumar and Special
Commissioner (Traffic) Ajay Chadha.
Gupta belongs to 1975 batch of IPS, while Kumar and
Chadha belong to 1976 and 1977 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter