Delhi police commissioner likely to be announced on Tuesday
New Delhi: Government is likely to announce
the name of the new Delhi Police Commissioner on Tuesday,
Tihar Jail Director General B K Gupta is likely to
succeed incumbent Y S Dadwal, who is widely credited for the
peaceful completion of last month`s Commonwealth Games, they
The order in this regard is likely to be issued
tomorrow evening, they added.
The new Commissioner will take over on November 10,
they said. Dadwal is likely to be transfered to a paramilitary
force as its Director General.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna had forwarded the
names of three senior IPS officers, including that of Gupta,
to the Home Ministry for consideration for the coveted post.
The other 2 officers in the panel are Delhi Police
Special Commissioner (Admin) Neeraj Kumar and Special
Commissioner (Traffic) Ajay Chadha.
Gupta belongs to 1975 batch of IPS, while Kumar and
Chadha belong to 1976 and 1977 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal