Delhi Police gets rap on its knuckles from CAG
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday got a rap on its knuckles from the government auditor for not being able to implement the Intelligent Traffic System, non-utilisation of Cyber Highway and modernise its communication network due to deficient planning and non-utilisation of funds.
In its report for the fiscal ended on March 2012 tabled in Delhi Assembly, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) also said Delhi Police did not ensure adequate monitoring of road safety scheme leading to blockade of funds amounting to Rs 4.33 crore.
It also said the scheme `Induction of Latest Technology` could not be implemented by the traffic unit as neither new equipment were purchased nor existing project was strengthened.
On the ITS which was suggested keeping view of CWG in 2010, the CAG said it could not be implemented during the 11th Five Year Plan even after incurring an expenditure of Rs 7.50 crore which included consultancy fee of Rs 1.66 crore and setting up a control at a cost of Rs 5.84 crore.
It said the scrutiny of records revealed that the proposed Cyber Highway was not utilised as of August 2012 as most of the applications were not running.
The CAG also found that an amount of Rs 8.476 crore was approved during 2007-08 and 2011-12 for Communication Unit under modernisation scheme but utilised only Rs 2.70 crore which is only 27 per cent of the approved outlay.
It also noted that the Communication Unit purchased eight Maruti Gypsies in July 2011 but were not utilised till 2012 as these were not fabricated for specific purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble