Delhi: Syed Ali Geelani heckled by ABVP activists
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in
north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of
ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area,
Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed
him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 PM for the seminar
organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants
of `Vande Matram`.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any
physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue.
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will
continue to protest against Geelani`s presence at any seminars
in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand