Delhi: Syed Ali Geelani heckled by ABVP activists
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in
north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of
ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area,
Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed
him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 PM for the seminar
organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants
of `Vande Matram`.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any
physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue.
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will
continue to protest against Geelani`s presence at any seminars
in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands