Delhi: Syed Ali Geelani heckled by ABVP activists
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in
north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of
ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area,
Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed
him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 PM for the seminar
organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants
of `Vande Matram`.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any
physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue.
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will
continue to protest against Geelani`s presence at any seminars
in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi
- Fraudulous chit funds back to haunt Bengal in agricultural schemes avatar
- Now, Karnataka schools ordered to buy book highlighting Siddaramaiah govt's achievements