Delhi: Syed Ali Geelani heckled by ABVP activists
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in
north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of
ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area,
Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed
him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 PM for the seminar
organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants
of `Vande Matram`.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any
physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue.
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will
continue to protest against Geelani`s presence at any seminars
in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral