Delhi: Syed Ali Geelani heckled by ABVP activists
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in
north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of
ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area,
Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed
him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 PM for the seminar
organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants
of `Vande Matram`.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any
physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue.
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will
continue to protest against Geelani`s presence at any seminars
in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre