Delhi: Woman "pimp" slapped with MCOCA
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday slapped the
stringent MCOCA against high profile woman "pimp" Sonu
Punjaban, who was allegedly involved in a series of cases
A senior police official said they had decided to slap
the stringent provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised
Crime Act (MCOCA) against Punjaban (30) who was arrested from
south Delhi`s Mehruali on April one.
Under MCOCA, the accused cannot be granted bail easily
and any statement recorded in front of a police officer of the
DCP rank is admissible in court.
"Punjaban is a high end pimp and has a number of high
class sex workers in her muster roll and supplies them in posh
areas of Delhi, five star hotels and farm houses," the
She was married to a criminal Vijay who was killed in
a shootout. Later she married another criminal Hemant, who was
also killed in a shootout with Delhi and Gurgaon Police.
"She decided to enter the flesh trade to support her
lavish life style. Initially she worked alone but later on, as
more high profile clients added to her list, she formed a
group of aspiring models and actresses who would often get
entrapped in her net," the official said.
She allegedly has a large number of pimps who support
her in transportation and arranging the customers, he said
adding, "she provides facilities at her residence and also
supplies the sex workers in various hotels and farm houses.
She had earlier been arrested in similar cases in
Preet Vihar and Saket. She was also allegedly involved in a
murder case in Haryana`s Jhajjar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users