Detained couple commit suicide in police post
Ghaziabad: A couple, who had eloped from their native Bulandshahr district, have allegedly committed suicide inside Vardhamanpuram police post here after being detained for questioning.
A probe into the incident has been ordered by the Superintendent of Police, and four personnel posted at the post were placed under suspension.
Kanta (32) and Rukkan Singh (38) were picked up last evening from Morta village.
Kanta had eloped with Singh on May 6 from Jahangirabad area of Bulandshahr and both were staying in a rented room here under Muradnagar Police Station area, he said.
When Kanta`s husband, Ravi, came to know about their whereabouts, he lodged a complain at Vardhamanpuram police station following which they were brought to the police post.
Soon after they were brought into the post they consumed Sulphas tablets and fainted, said SP.
They were rushed to a hospital in a critical condition where they died.
Constables Iqbal Haider Zaidi, Lokesh Kumar and Sureshchandra Panwar and station in-charge Vinod Kumar Upadhyaya were suspended with immediate effect, the city SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical