Digvijay blames Ramdev, Kejriwal for violence in Delhi protest
Lucknow: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Wednesday alleged that violence erupted at India Gate during protest against Delhi gang-rape case after Yoga Guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal reached the spot.
Singh also lashed out at media over the incident.
"The violence started during the agitation after Ramdev and Kejriwal reached there...Subhash Tomar, a constable was killed but the media is presenting a boy, who is claiming that he took him to the hospital," Singh said, addressing a party convention at Congress office here.
Lashing out at media, Singh said, "It appears that it is media, which register FIR, sue the accused and give its verdict."
"The rape is condemnable, but police have arrested all the accused within three days," he said.
On demand of capital punishment for rapists, Singh said a judicial commission has been constituted by the Centre to make amendment in the existing law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city