Digvijay blames Ramdev, Kejriwal for violence in Delhi protest
Lucknow: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Wednesday alleged that violence erupted at India Gate during protest against Delhi gang-rape case after Yoga Guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal reached the spot.
Singh also lashed out at media over the incident.
"The violence started during the agitation after Ramdev and Kejriwal reached there...Subhash Tomar, a constable was killed but the media is presenting a boy, who is claiming that he took him to the hospital," Singh said, addressing a party convention at Congress office here.
Lashing out at media, Singh said, "It appears that it is media, which register FIR, sue the accused and give its verdict."
"The rape is condemnable, but police have arrested all the accused within three days," he said.
On demand of capital punishment for rapists, Singh said a judicial commission has been constituted by the Centre to make amendment in the existing law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout