Dikshit asks ministers to counter BJP
New Delhi: With assembly polls just months away, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday asked her Cabinet colleagues to "aggressively" take achievements of the Congress government in the last 14 years to people.
In a meeting, Dikshit also asked the Ministers to counter "tooth and nail" BJP`s tirade against the city government on various sensitive issues like water and power.
The BJP has been attacking the Dikshit government on long power cuts and water shortage in areas across the city. The party has also been targeting the Chief Minister for hike in power and water tariff.
"We must counter their propaganda. They are trying to mislead the people," a source quoted Dikshit as saying in the meeting.
The Chief Minister also expressed unhappiness over lack of publicity in media about various ambitious government schemes, and asked the ministers to improve functioning of their public relations wings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory