DMRC chief Sreedharan stable
New Delhi: The condition of Delhi Metro
chief E Sreedharan, who underwent a cardiac bypass surgery, is
stable and he will be under the observation of doctors for at
least a week.
Sreedharan, who underwent a 6-hour-long beating heart
surgery at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital here yesterday,
regained consciousness today and is responding well to
treatment, doctors attending on him said.
"He is doing fine and his condition is stable. He
gained his consciousness this morning and will be under the
observation of a multidisciplinary team of doctors," a senior
doctor, who was part of the medical team that performed the
Sreedharan (77) was admitted to the hospital here on
Wednesday after he complained of severe chest pain at the
Delhi Airport, from where he was to fly to Kolkata.
Asked when the `Metro Man` will be discharged from the
hospital, the senior doctor said a call on discharge will be
taken only after a week.
"He will under observation for a week and then we will
decide when to discharge him from the hospital. As of now, he
is doing fine and his condition is stable," he said.
The decision to conduct a bypass surgery was taken
after doctors examined his condition and kept him under
observation since yesterday.
His right coronary artery was 100 per cent blocked and
the left one had a blockage. Doctors at the hospital used four
grafts to bypass the blocked sites.
Though the senior doctor said Sreedharan`s family is
with him, it was not clear whether they were allowed to meet
Sources said his wife and two sons are in the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog