‘Don`t forget FDI in din over other issues’
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of charges against Robert Vadra and realty major DLF, JD-U on Thursday said the key issue of FDI in multi-brand retail should not be forgotten in the din over other issues and suspected that those involved in coal and 2G scams may be trying to divert attention.
Party President Sharad Yadav also accused the civil society of causing "diversion" in action against the corrupt.
"Right now many people are raising many questions like the DLF, which are important according to them. We have to ensure that we do not move away from the central issue, which is the government`s decision on FDI in multi-brand retail that can render more than 25 crore people unemployed.
"Other issues can be raised later but an effort is being made to push them to the backburner. Those involved in 2G and coal block scams could be behind it.
It is also a reality that nobody became rich in the country without support from the government or the banks," Yadav told reporters here.
He, however, evaded queries on whether he feels Arvind Kejriwal, by raising the Vadra issue, is diverting attention from real issues and merely said attention should not be deflected from the main issue because of these matters.
Asked whether he supports the demand for a probe into charges against Vadra and DLF, Yadav merely said his current focus is FDI and hence he has not gone into the other issue.
On being pointed out that he is convener of the NDA, whose major constituent BJP seems to have lapped up the Vadra issue, Yadav sought to make a distinction saying he was speaking as JD-U President and not as convener of the opposition alliance.
Yadav, who had shared dais with Anna Hazare during his agitation at Jantar Mantar last year said, "27 persons were sent to jail in various corruption cases before April 5 last year when Anna Hazare sat on fast unto death.
But, after the "diversion" that was caused since April 5, no other corrupt person was arrested."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!