`DRDO working extensively in field of nanotechnology`
New Delhi: DRDO is carrying out extensive
work in the field of nanotechnology to enhance its application
in defence sector, a DRDO official said on Thursday.
DRDO`s Chief Controller KD Nayak also stressed the
necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for
building better products for defence forces and nation, such
as the recently launched Agni-IV.
Nayak stated this at the two-day national workshop on
nanotechnology for defence applications which concluded here
today. The workshop brought together various research and
development centres, academia and industries on a single
platform, a DRDO spokesperson said.
Science and Technology Secretary Dr T Ramasami, who
inaugurated the event, appreciated the work being carried out
by DRDO in the field of nanotechnology and in the field of
sensors and composites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net
- Jay Leno survives accident
- REVEALED: Why Kumar Sangakkara left Sachin Tendulkar out of his All Time XI
- Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore dies at 84