`DRDO working extensively in field of nanotechnology`
New Delhi: DRDO is carrying out extensive
work in the field of nanotechnology to enhance its application
in defence sector, a DRDO official said on Thursday.
DRDO`s Chief Controller KD Nayak also stressed the
necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for
building better products for defence forces and nation, such
as the recently launched Agni-IV.
Nayak stated this at the two-day national workshop on
nanotechnology for defence applications which concluded here
today. The workshop brought together various research and
development centres, academia and industries on a single
platform, a DRDO spokesperson said.
Science and Technology Secretary Dr T Ramasami, who
inaugurated the event, appreciated the work being carried out
by DRDO in the field of nanotechnology and in the field of
sensors and composites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’