`DRDO working extensively in field of nanotechnology`
New Delhi: DRDO is carrying out extensive
work in the field of nanotechnology to enhance its application
in defence sector, a DRDO official said on Thursday.
DRDO`s Chief Controller KD Nayak also stressed the
necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for
building better products for defence forces and nation, such
as the recently launched Agni-IV.
Nayak stated this at the two-day national workshop on
nanotechnology for defence applications which concluded here
today. The workshop brought together various research and
development centres, academia and industries on a single
platform, a DRDO spokesperson said.
Science and Technology Secretary Dr T Ramasami, who
inaugurated the event, appreciated the work being carried out
by DRDO in the field of nanotechnology and in the field of
sensors and composites.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India