`DRDO working extensively in field of nanotechnology`
New Delhi: DRDO is carrying out extensive
work in the field of nanotechnology to enhance its application
in defence sector, a DRDO official said on Thursday.
DRDO`s Chief Controller KD Nayak also stressed the
necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for
building better products for defence forces and nation, such
as the recently launched Agni-IV.
Nayak stated this at the two-day national workshop on
nanotechnology for defence applications which concluded here
today. The workshop brought together various research and
development centres, academia and industries on a single
platform, a DRDO spokesperson said.
Science and Technology Secretary Dr T Ramasami, who
inaugurated the event, appreciated the work being carried out
by DRDO in the field of nanotechnology and in the field of
sensors and composites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon