Driver with criminal record held in road rage
New Delhi: A driver with criminal record was
arrested here for allegedly opening fire at a motorcycle-borne youth after the victim did not allow him to overtake, police said Thursday.
Sunil was arrested from Rohini Sector 24 yesterday for
allegedly opening fire at Pradeep after the latter did not
allow him to overtake in Rohini, B S Jaiswal, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (North-East), said.
One more person Vijender, who was in Sunil`s car at the
time of the incident, is yet to be arrested, the official
"Pradeep was riding a motorcycle. Sunil and Vijender were
in a car and tried to overtake him. Pradeep did not allow him.
Enraged at this, they finally managed to overtook him and allegedly shot at Pradeep," he said. After opening fire, the duo fled the spot, he said.
However, the registration number of the car was noted
down and passed over to police who tracked Sunil later. "The
chain of ownership of the car was obtained and it was revealed
that the vehicle was in the possession of Sunil. He was traced
and arrested," Jaiswal said.
"Efforts are on to nab Vijender," the official said.
Pradeep was rushed to a nearby hospital where he is
undergoing treatment. "A bullet grazed through his back. He is
out of danger," the official said.
Sunil is working as a driver. He got involved with
anti-social elements and was booked in kidnapping-cum-murder
case as well as Arms Act.
A car, a country-made pistol and a live cartidge were
recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets