Driver with criminal record held in road rage
New Delhi: A driver with criminal record was
arrested here for allegedly opening fire at a motorcycle-borne youth after the victim did not allow him to overtake, police said Thursday.
Sunil was arrested from Rohini Sector 24 yesterday for
allegedly opening fire at Pradeep after the latter did not
allow him to overtake in Rohini, B S Jaiswal, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (North-East), said.
One more person Vijender, who was in Sunil`s car at the
time of the incident, is yet to be arrested, the official
"Pradeep was riding a motorcycle. Sunil and Vijender were
in a car and tried to overtake him. Pradeep did not allow him.
Enraged at this, they finally managed to overtook him and allegedly shot at Pradeep," he said. After opening fire, the duo fled the spot, he said.
However, the registration number of the car was noted
down and passed over to police who tracked Sunil later. "The
chain of ownership of the car was obtained and it was revealed
that the vehicle was in the possession of Sunil. He was traced
and arrested," Jaiswal said.
"Efforts are on to nab Vijender," the official said.
Pradeep was rushed to a nearby hospital where he is
undergoing treatment. "A bullet grazed through his back. He is
out of danger," the official said.
Sunil is working as a driver. He got involved with
anti-social elements and was booked in kidnapping-cum-murder
case as well as Arms Act.
A car, a country-made pistol and a live cartidge were
recovered from him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani