DSGMC asks EC to take action against Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee has complained to the Chief Election Commissioner against Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi for allegedly hurting Sikh sentiments with his remarks on the killing of his grandmother and father.
DSGMC president Manjit Singh GK, who is also chief of Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal), has asked the CEC to take action against Gandhi as per provisions of the Representation of the People Act, 1951, alleging that he has violated the model code of conduct.
"Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) is extremely pained and anguished to read the speech delivered by Congress Vice- President Rahul Gandhi in his election rally on October 23 at Churu in Rajasthan in which he has stated his grandmother was killed, his father was assassinated and perhaps he may also be killed one day," DSGMC president Manjit Singh GK said in a letter to the EC.
Quoting excerpts of Rahul`s speech, he said the Congress leader aggravated the situation further by specifically mentioning names of the two security guards -- Satwant Singh and Beant Singh.
"The speech by Rahul Gandhi not only violates election code of conduct, but also hurts sentiments of the Sikh community," he said.
"While delivering such anti-Sikh and communal speech, he has reopened and refreshed old wounds of anti-Sikh carnage of 1984," DSGMC general secretary Manjinder Singh Sirsa alleged.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) vehemently disapproves of the speech and requests that strict action be taken against Gandhi, the DSGMC president said in the letter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark