DTC buses collide, 17 injured
New Delhi: At least 17 passengers were injured when two Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses collided here on Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred around 10.00 am on Outer Ring Road in West Delhi`s Rajouri Garden area.
"Both the buses were heading towards Nehru Place. A bus running on route No 442 was just ahead of another bus on route No 568, when suddenly it was hit by the second bus."
"In the resulting jolt, a total of 17 passengers sustained bruises," a police officer said.
The injured were discharged after first aid at the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital.
Joginder, 33, the driver of bus No 568 told police that a speeding car suddenly stopped ahead of him, and in order to avoid a collision, he made a sharp right turn and hit the other bus.
A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered, police said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on