Duo held for murder of couple in New Delhi
New Delhi: A man and his associate were arrested here for allegedly murdering his sister and brother-in-law over property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
The duo, identified as Pawan Jindal and Sandeep Kumar, was arrested after more than a month-long investigation, which established their alleged involvement in the case.
They were arrested for allegedly murdering Satpal Garg and his wife Ramkali on October 30 after Pawan had a fight with them over some property issue. Pawan is the alleged mastermind behind the plot.
After the murder, the assailants had allegedly stolen Rs 2.5 lakh, documents and jewellery from their house in Sri Nagar.
During the investigation, it came to light that Satpal had property dispute with Pawan, DCP (North-West district) P Karunakaran said.
On interrogation, police said, Pawan disclosed he had come to Delhi 15-16 years back and started residing at a place provided by Satpal at Aman Vihar and started a stall of firewood and dealership in property on the plot owned by his brother-in-law.
He, however, was asked to vacate the plot by Satpal in July this year. On this, Pawan became revengeful and conspired to eliminate his own brother-in-law to grab his property, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India