Duo held for murder of couple in New Delhi
New Delhi: A man and his associate were arrested here for allegedly murdering his sister and brother-in-law over property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
The duo, identified as Pawan Jindal and Sandeep Kumar, was arrested after more than a month-long investigation, which established their alleged involvement in the case.
They were arrested for allegedly murdering Satpal Garg and his wife Ramkali on October 30 after Pawan had a fight with them over some property issue. Pawan is the alleged mastermind behind the plot.
After the murder, the assailants had allegedly stolen Rs 2.5 lakh, documents and jewellery from their house in Sri Nagar.
During the investigation, it came to light that Satpal had property dispute with Pawan, DCP (North-West district) P Karunakaran said.
On interrogation, police said, Pawan disclosed he had come to Delhi 15-16 years back and started residing at a place provided by Satpal at Aman Vihar and started a stall of firewood and dealership in property on the plot owned by his brother-in-law.
He, however, was asked to vacate the plot by Satpal in July this year. On this, Pawan became revengeful and conspired to eliminate his own brother-in-law to grab his property, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September