Duo held for murder of couple in New Delhi
New Delhi: A man and his associate were arrested here for allegedly murdering his sister and brother-in-law over property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
The duo, identified as Pawan Jindal and Sandeep Kumar, was arrested after more than a month-long investigation, which established their alleged involvement in the case.
They were arrested for allegedly murdering Satpal Garg and his wife Ramkali on October 30 after Pawan had a fight with them over some property issue. Pawan is the alleged mastermind behind the plot.
After the murder, the assailants had allegedly stolen Rs 2.5 lakh, documents and jewellery from their house in Sri Nagar.
During the investigation, it came to light that Satpal had property dispute with Pawan, DCP (North-West district) P Karunakaran said.
On interrogation, police said, Pawan disclosed he had come to Delhi 15-16 years back and started residing at a place provided by Satpal at Aman Vihar and started a stall of firewood and dealership in property on the plot owned by his brother-in-law.
He, however, was asked to vacate the plot by Satpal in July this year. On this, Pawan became revengeful and conspired to eliminate his own brother-in-law to grab his property, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam