Duo held for murder of couple in New Delhi
New Delhi: A man and his associate were arrested here for allegedly murdering his sister and brother-in-law over property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
The duo, identified as Pawan Jindal and Sandeep Kumar, was arrested after more than a month-long investigation, which established their alleged involvement in the case.
They were arrested for allegedly murdering Satpal Garg and his wife Ramkali on October 30 after Pawan had a fight with them over some property issue. Pawan is the alleged mastermind behind the plot.
After the murder, the assailants had allegedly stolen Rs 2.5 lakh, documents and jewellery from their house in Sri Nagar.
During the investigation, it came to light that Satpal had property dispute with Pawan, DCP (North-West district) P Karunakaran said.
On interrogation, police said, Pawan disclosed he had come to Delhi 15-16 years back and started residing at a place provided by Satpal at Aman Vihar and started a stall of firewood and dealership in property on the plot owned by his brother-in-law.
He, however, was asked to vacate the plot by Satpal in July this year. On this, Pawan became revengeful and conspired to eliminate his own brother-in-law to grab his property, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan