Enrollment process for Aadhaar numbers begins in capital
New Delhi: The much awaited enrollment
process for Aadhaar numbers to be issued by the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) began on Thursday in the
Three registration centres for enrolling names of
citizens and collecting their bio-metric data have been made
operational in South West Delhi.
A total of 15 machines have been installed at three
centres in Surhera, Mitraon and Dichaon Kalan villages of
Najafgarh sub-division, officials said.
They said more such centres will soon be set up in
Upon registering for Aadhaar, residents will go through
a biometric scanning of ten fingerprints and iris.
They will then be photographed and given an enrollment
number upon completion. After completion of the exercise,
residents will be issued an Aadhaar number.
The city residents are likely to get the Aadhaar numbers
from October onwards.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit earlier this week had
chaired a high-level meeting to review progress of the entire
Officials said the Chief Minister will write a letter to
each and every family of the city seeking their cooperation in
the enrollment exercise.
Last week, UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani had met
Dikshit and requested her to expedite the process of
enrollment of people for the database.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India