First woman VC in Delhi University?
New Delhi: Winds of change will soon be blowing through the Delhi University, if sources are to be believed, when a woman takes over as its vice chancellor (VC) for the first ever time.
A senior official of the university said: "Deepak Pental`s five-year term as the vice chancellor has come to an end and from what we have come to know, Meenakshi Gopinath, who is the principal of the Lady Shri Ram college, will take over."
"Although it`s not official yet, in all probability she will take over this month itself. It will be the first time ever that the varsity will have a woman vice chancellor," the official said.
The official added that Pental will hold office until the new VC takes over.
Pental took over the post of VC from Deepak Nayyar Sep 1, 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi