First woman VC in Delhi University?
New Delhi: Winds of change will soon be blowing through the Delhi University, if sources are to be believed, when a woman takes over as its vice chancellor (VC) for the first ever time.
A senior official of the university said: "Deepak Pental`s five-year term as the vice chancellor has come to an end and from what we have come to know, Meenakshi Gopinath, who is the principal of the Lady Shri Ram college, will take over."
"Although it`s not official yet, in all probability she will take over this month itself. It will be the first time ever that the varsity will have a woman vice chancellor," the official said.
The official added that Pental will hold office until the new VC takes over.
Pental took over the post of VC from Deepak Nayyar Sep 1, 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested