Flight operations at IGI airport normal
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI
airport were normal for the second consecutive day on Tuesday as
the weather remained clear.
"The flights are operating as per schedule since there
is no fog this morning and visibility is over 2,000 metres.
There is no disruption at all," an airport official said.
Some inbound and outbound domestic flights were
delayed due to poor weather conditions at the destination and
Yesterday also, the flight operations were normal
after being badly affected over the weekend due to thick fog
and problems in a runway visual range measuring instrument and
This led to suspension of flight operations for over
eight hours and disruption of over 250 domestic as well as
international flights besides cancellation of over 50 flights
to various destinations.
Meanwhile, the Category III B Instrument Landing
system (ILS) has become functional after repairing of a cable
that provides live feed to the ATC tower from the RVR
instrument at the new runway (29/11).
"The cabling has been completed and the transmission
equipment is being calibrated.In the meantime, the live
visibility data is being fed to the ATC tower manually," a
statement from Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) said.
With DIAL and MeT department passing the buck over
maintenance of the faulty equipment, the DGCA held an
emergency meeting and has entrusted the responsibility of
maintenance of all MeT department`s cable to DIAL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’