Fog to envelop Delhi for next two days
New Delhi: City residents would experience foggy weather and smog for the next two days as the winds have weakened due to Western Disturbance, affecting north India for the first time after monsoons.
"Fog and smog have redeveloped over Delhi with weakening of winds, and it is likely to stay at least for next two days," a senior MeT Department official said.
"The first Western Disturbance (WD) would be affecting extreme north India between October 31 and November 1. During this period, light westerly winds which are presently at lower levels of the atmosphere may change to light easterly for a day in Delhi," said R K Jenamani, MeT official at the IGI airport here.
The national capital have been witnessing shallow fog in the morning for the past few days.
Jenamani said the fog and smog have also affected visibility at the airport.
"The airport visibility have gone down by 30 per cent to 40 per cent from yesterday`s 1,000 metres to 3,000 metres to to 600 metres to 1,500 metres throughout the day today," he said.
He further added the impact of WD would likely ease by November 2 and about 60 per cent chances of Delhi getting some moderate northwesterly winds due to which there were chances of development of thick smog.
"Smog is likely to thicken due to pollution from Diwali crackers but the trend of impact on intensifying of smog coverage would be more clear by Thursday, once different NWP model product converges in forecasting the exact lower level wind pattern together with moisture incursion from approaching WD," he added.
Meanwhile, Delhiites today woke up to a misty yet pleasant morning. The day`s temperature touched 31.5 degree Celsius mark, which is average for this time of the season.
The minimum was recorded a degree below average at 15.4 degrees Celsius, the MeT department said, adding the maximum humidity was recorded at 90 per cent while the minimum was 36 per cent.
The Department has predicted mist or fog in the morning tomorrow and later a clear sky.
The maximum and minimum is likely to remain 31 and 16 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites