Former cabin crew arrested for cheating, promised pilot`s job
New Delhi: A former cabin crew with a
private airline, who lost his job due to overweight, was
arrested in Delhi for allegedly cheating a man by promising a job
of a pilot for his relative, police said on Tuesday.
32-year-old Sagar Bhasin was arrested from near INA
market on Monday following investigations into a complaint
by Navneet Bhutani who claimed that he was cheated of Rs 2.3
lakh by him.
"Bhasin had promised a pilot`s job in a leading
airlines and took money from Bhutani. However, he did not keep
his promise. He was arrested on a complaint filed by Bhutani,"
HGS Dhaliwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South), said,
investigations are on to ascertain if he was involved in any
major racket of arranging employment for aspiring pilots.
"He (Bhasin) projected himself as having highly placed
contacts and he told Bhutani that by virtue of his past
employment he could arrange a pilot`s job for his cousin,"
Bhutani claimed that he met Bhasin a month ago at his
chemist shop in front of AIIMS and he introduced himself as a
pilot in Jet Airways.
"He further told him that he had got very good
contacts. Bhutani asked him whether he could arrange a job for
his cousin Ashish who had got commercial pilot licence from
the US," Dhaliwal said.
Around 20 days ago, Bhutani paid Rs 2.3 lakh to Bhasin
who again demanded Rs two lakh last evening.
"Suspecting foul play, Bhutani approached police and a
trap was laid at INA market from where he was arrested when he
came there to collect Rs two lakh," Dhaliwal said.
A loaded automatic pistol was also recovered
underneath the driver`s seat. During searches at his
Panchsheel Enclave residence, documents of Ashish, other
licences and degrees along with Rs 2.30 lakh cash were
Bhasin did his BA (Tourism) in 2001. He represented
Under-15 Delhi football team and later joined Moghal football
At the age of 22, he got a job in Air Sahara as cabin
crew and worked there for six years. But he lost his job as he
gained 12 kg extra weight.
In 2010, he allegedly procured two pistol from Datia
in MP. He was arrested in May last year with a pistol in
Chanakyapuri and remained in jail for a fortnight.
"The second pistol has now been seized from his
vehicle," Dhaliwal said.
He still possesses security cards and identity cards
of his earlier establishment and did not surrender these
"to keep his contacts alive", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security