Gangster with Rs 1L reward killed in encounter in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An alleged gangster carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead by a police team in an encounter in Gurgaon this afternoon.
Virender, hailing from Jind was wanted in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and extortion in Haryana, police said.
Acting on information that Virender might come to Gurgaon via Farrukhnagar road, a police party put up a barrier at village Dhankot, they said.
When two persons on a motorcycle were approaching Gurgaon, the police asked them to stop following which Virender fired at the police party.
In retaliation, police had to fire at Virender, resulting in his death on the spot. Police have recovered one pistol and some live bullets from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed