Geetika case: Court dismisses Chaddha`s bail plea
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday dismissed the bail plea of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s aide Aruna Chaddha, an accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
District and Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria refused to grant bail to Chaddha.
Chaddha had sought bail on the ground that she has a seven-year-old daughter and old parents to look after.
Senior advocate Ramesh Gupta, appearing for Chaddha, argued that Geetika had committed suicide because her parents were unhappy with her.
He also said even the post-mortem report does not reveal anything incriminating against Chaddha or Kanda.
Gupta said if they (Chaddha and Kanda) were pressurising Geetika, why did her family allow her to re-join MDLR.
He also showed to the court the photographs of Geetika along with Chaddha attending a party 15 days before she committed suicide in her house on August 4.
Chaddha`s bail plea was vehemently opposed by the Delhi police which said she does not deserve bail as she had lied on many points during her interrogation.
Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan said Chaddha, during her interrogation, did not disclose sending to Geetika forged letters, which said an extradition proceeding has been initiated against her in Dubai.
He also said Chaddha had lied about her date of joining MDLR.
"When her conduct during interrogation has been such, how can she be granted bail?" argued Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar