Geetika Sharma suicide case: Kanda`s aide Aruna Chadha gets bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday granted regular bail to Aruna Chadha, an aide of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and accused of abetting the suicide of a former air hostess.
Justice V.P. Vaish granted bail to Chadha on personal bond of Rs. 1 lakh and two sureties of same amount.
The court asked her not to leave the country or tamper with evidence or influence the witnesses.
Kanda and his aide Chadha are accused of abetting the Aug 4-5, 2012, suicide of the 23-year-old former airline hostess, who left behind a note accusing the duo of harassing her.
The two have denied the allegations.
Chadha sought regular bail on the ground that she is a single mother and needs to take care of her nine-year-old daughter and ailing parents.
Chadha and Kanda have been charged with abetment of suicide, criminal conspiracy, forgery and offences under the IT Act for hacking computers and sending offensive or false messages.
Chadha was arrested in the case Aug 8, 2012, while Kanda surrendered Aug 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!