Geetika Sharma suicide case: Kanda`s aide Aruna Chadha gets bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday granted regular bail to Aruna Chadha, an aide of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and accused of abetting the suicide of a former air hostess.
Justice V.P. Vaish granted bail to Chadha on personal bond of Rs. 1 lakh and two sureties of same amount.
The court asked her not to leave the country or tamper with evidence or influence the witnesses.
Kanda and his aide Chadha are accused of abetting the Aug 4-5, 2012, suicide of the 23-year-old former airline hostess, who left behind a note accusing the duo of harassing her.
The two have denied the allegations.
Chadha sought regular bail on the ground that she is a single mother and needs to take care of her nine-year-old daughter and ailing parents.
Chadha and Kanda have been charged with abetment of suicide, criminal conspiracy, forgery and offences under the IT Act for hacking computers and sending offensive or false messages.
Chadha was arrested in the case Aug 8, 2012, while Kanda surrendered Aug 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik