Geetika suicide: JC of Kanda and Chaddah extended
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddah, arrested for their alleged roles in the Geetika suicide case, was on Friday extended till November 21 by a Delhi court.
Kanda and Chaddah were produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala after expiry of their judicial custody.
During the hearing, the counsel for the accused also told the court that the process of scrutiny of documents was still going on.
Both 46-year-old Kanda and 40-year-old Chaddah have been accused of abetting the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, the 23-year-old victim had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah.
The Delhi police has charge-sheeted the duo for allegedly committing offences under section 306 (abetment of suicide), 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation), 201 (destruction of evidence), 467 (forgery of valuable security), 468 (forgery with intention to cheat), 469 (forgery with intention to harm reputation) and 471 (using forged documents as genuine) of the Indian Penal Code.
They have also been booked for allegedly hacking computers under section 66 of the Information Technology Act.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police and Chaddah was arrested on August 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged