Geetika suicide: JC of Kanda and Chaddah extended
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddah, arrested for their alleged roles in the Geetika suicide case, was on Friday extended till November 21 by a Delhi court.
Kanda and Chaddah were produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala after expiry of their judicial custody.
During the hearing, the counsel for the accused also told the court that the process of scrutiny of documents was still going on.
Both 46-year-old Kanda and 40-year-old Chaddah have been accused of abetting the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, the 23-year-old victim had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah.
The Delhi police has charge-sheeted the duo for allegedly committing offences under section 306 (abetment of suicide), 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation), 201 (destruction of evidence), 467 (forgery of valuable security), 468 (forgery with intention to cheat), 469 (forgery with intention to harm reputation) and 471 (using forged documents as genuine) of the Indian Penal Code.
They have also been booked for allegedly hacking computers under section 66 of the Information Technology Act.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police and Chaddah was arrested on August 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender