Harsh Vardhan is BJP`s Manmohan Singh in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday named Harsh Vardhan as its chief ministerial candidate for the 2013 Delhi Assembly elections, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday questioned the former health minister’s track record.
Expressing his views on social networking website, Kejriwal tweeted: “A corrupt BJP has now made Harsh Vardhan its face in Delhi. What did Harshvardhan do all these years to check BJP`s corruption in MCD?”
The AAP leader also compared Harsh Vardhan with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has been accused of being soft on corruption.
“Is Dr Harshvardhan BJP`s Manmohan Singh in Delhi? A corrupt Congress made Manmohan Singh its face at Centre. Manmohan failed to check corruption within congress and his own Govt, Kejriwal’s second tweet said.
“In 2010, Dr HarshVardhan actually praised Mrs Dikshit and said Delhiites were v fortunate to have her. Why fighting against her now?”
Delhi Assembly elections will be held in the national capital on December 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
Last month, three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note