Harsh Vardhan is BJP`s Manmohan Singh in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday named Harsh Vardhan as its chief ministerial candidate for the 2013 Delhi Assembly elections, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday questioned the former health minister’s track record.
Expressing his views on social networking website, Kejriwal tweeted: “A corrupt BJP has now made Harsh Vardhan its face in Delhi. What did Harshvardhan do all these years to check BJP`s corruption in MCD?”
The AAP leader also compared Harsh Vardhan with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has been accused of being soft on corruption.
“Is Dr Harshvardhan BJP`s Manmohan Singh in Delhi? A corrupt Congress made Manmohan Singh its face at Centre. Manmohan failed to check corruption within congress and his own Govt, Kejriwal’s second tweet said.
“In 2010, Dr HarshVardhan actually praised Mrs Dikshit and said Delhiites were v fortunate to have her. Why fighting against her now?”
Delhi Assembly elections will be held in the national capital on December 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
Last month, three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional