HC paves way for VVIP vehicles` number plate
New Delhi: The city government was given a
go-ahead Friday by the Delhi High Court to implement the project for high security and tamper-proof registration number
plate for motor vehicles in the national capital.
A division bench of justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Rajiv
Shakdher paved the way for the project dismissing a petition
by private firm Tonnjes Eastern Security Technologies Pvt Ltd
which had challenged the government`s notification empowering
Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMMTSL) to
float tenders for procuring the high-security number plates.
The bench also imposed a cost of approximately Rs eight
lakh on the private firm for moving the court and putting
impediments in having the High Security Registration Plates
(HSRP) system here. (more)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what