HC paves way for VVIP vehicles` number plate
New Delhi: The city government was given a
go-ahead Friday by the Delhi High Court to implement the project for high security and tamper-proof registration number
plate for motor vehicles in the national capital.
A division bench of justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Rajiv
Shakdher paved the way for the project dismissing a petition
by private firm Tonnjes Eastern Security Technologies Pvt Ltd
which had challenged the government`s notification empowering
Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMMTSL) to
float tenders for procuring the high-security number plates.
The bench also imposed a cost of approximately Rs eight
lakh on the private firm for moving the court and putting
impediments in having the High Security Registration Plates
(HSRP) system here. (more)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites