HC seeks DU`s response on 4-year UG programme
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought the response from the Delhi University on a public interest litigation (PIL) challenging the implementation of the varsity`s proposed four-year undergraduate programme in its present form.
Issuing notice to the university, a bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Justice Jayant Nath asked the university to file an affidavit by May 15.
The counsel for the varsity accepted the notice and told the court that several other issues pertaining to the proposed four-year undergraduate programme have been addressed by the academic council.
He also said that the grievances raised in the PIL, filed by Sambhavana, a registered society, have also been considered.
DU is to implement the four-year undergraduate programme in next academic session beginning July 2013.
In its PIL, Sambhavana has said if the four-year undergraduate programme with multiple degrees is introduced in present form, the students with vision impairment will suffer irreparable loss as they will have to study subjects like mathematics from which they are exempted.
The society, which works for the welfare of differently-abled students, said when the recommendations for the curriculum of programme were made, the concerns of the people with visual impairment were not taken into consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning