Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise
New Delhi: It was a hot Sunday in Delhi as the day`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 42.2 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast that the mercury may rise in the next couple of days.
The day began on a pleasant note for Delhiites as the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below average at 26.3 degrees Celsius, said an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The heat increased as the day progressed, he said.
The humidity wavered between a high of 72 and a low of 38 percent, added the official.
The IMD official said that Monday would be a hot and dry day as well with no forecast of rain and the skies are expected to remain clear.
"The maximum and minimum temperature will hover around 43 and 28 degrees Celsius, respectively," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis