Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise
New Delhi: It was a hot Sunday in Delhi as the day`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 42.2 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast that the mercury may rise in the next couple of days.
The day began on a pleasant note for Delhiites as the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below average at 26.3 degrees Celsius, said an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The heat increased as the day progressed, he said.
The humidity wavered between a high of 72 and a low of 38 percent, added the official.
The IMD official said that Monday would be a hot and dry day as well with no forecast of rain and the skies are expected to remain clear.
"The maximum and minimum temperature will hover around 43 and 28 degrees Celsius, respectively," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch