Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise
New Delhi: It was a hot Sunday in Delhi as the day`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 42.2 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast that the mercury may rise in the next couple of days.
The day began on a pleasant note for Delhiites as the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below average at 26.3 degrees Celsius, said an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The heat increased as the day progressed, he said.
The humidity wavered between a high of 72 and a low of 38 percent, added the official.
The IMD official said that Monday would be a hot and dry day as well with no forecast of rain and the skies are expected to remain clear.
"The maximum and minimum temperature will hover around 43 and 28 degrees Celsius, respectively," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read