Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise
New Delhi: It was a hot Sunday in Delhi as the day`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 42.2 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast that the mercury may rise in the next couple of days.
The day began on a pleasant note for Delhiites as the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below average at 26.3 degrees Celsius, said an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The heat increased as the day progressed, he said.
The humidity wavered between a high of 72 and a low of 38 percent, added the official.
The IMD official said that Monday would be a hot and dry day as well with no forecast of rain and the skies are expected to remain clear.
"The maximum and minimum temperature will hover around 43 and 28 degrees Celsius, respectively," he added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Flat belly diet: Include these 3 foods to burn fat fast!
- Read: Why Virat Kohli, David Warner exchanged text messages regarding Orange Cap in IPL 9?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples