Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise
New Delhi: It was a hot Sunday in Delhi as the day`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 42.2 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast that the mercury may rise in the next couple of days.
The day began on a pleasant note for Delhiites as the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below average at 26.3 degrees Celsius, said an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The heat increased as the day progressed, he said.
The humidity wavered between a high of 72 and a low of 38 percent, added the official.
The IMD official said that Monday would be a hot and dry day as well with no forecast of rain and the skies are expected to remain clear.
"The maximum and minimum temperature will hover around 43 and 28 degrees Celsius, respectively," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog