Hot, sunny Friday in Delhi, cloudy Saturday expected
New Delhi: A day after the city experienced rain and dust storm, Friday remained sunny and warm while the maximum temperature settled a notch below the season`s average 38.5 degrees Celsius. A cloudy sky is expected Saturday, the Met office said.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Saturday) and the maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 38 and 21 degrees Celsius," said an India Meteorological Department official.
Friday morning was pleasant and the minimum temperature settled at 21.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees below the season`s average.
The city recorded 5.6 mm of rainfall since late Thursday. The sudden rain and strong winds brought some respite from soaring temperatures.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was recorded a notch above the season`s average at 39.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 25.2 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok