Hot, sunny Friday in Delhi, cloudy Saturday expected
New Delhi: A day after the city experienced rain and dust storm, Friday remained sunny and warm while the maximum temperature settled a notch below the season`s average 38.5 degrees Celsius. A cloudy sky is expected Saturday, the Met office said.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Saturday) and the maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 38 and 21 degrees Celsius," said an India Meteorological Department official.
Friday morning was pleasant and the minimum temperature settled at 21.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees below the season`s average.
The city recorded 5.6 mm of rainfall since late Thursday. The sudden rain and strong winds brought some respite from soaring temperatures.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was recorded a notch above the season`s average at 39.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 25.2 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah