IAF files FIR on fraudulent withdrawal of money from bank
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force has registered an FIR with the Delhi Police in connection with over 40 cases of fraudulent withdrawal of money from the State Bank of India accounts of its officers posted at the Air headquarters here.
"It is intimated that a large number of cases have been reported by IAF officers having defence salary package account with State Bank of India stating fraudulent withdrawal of large amount of money from their salary accounts," the FIR registered by the force with Delhi Police`s Economic Offences Wing said.
"Since these transactions involve large sum of money, it is likely to have a direct effect on the morale of officers. Keeping this in mind, there is an urgent need to start investigation into these fraudulent withdrawals and to stop such transactions immediately," the complaint said.
The FIR was registered yesterday by the Commanding Officer of IAF`s Provost and Security Unit, Wing Commander Tejveer Singh.
IAF officials said the step was taken by the force after it emerged that more than 40 such cases had taken place after the accounts of IAF officers were opened in the State Bank of India.
The IAF had shifted bulk of its officers` bank accounts to the SBI in 2009-10.
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives
- Spectacular view of the Bahamas from space – See pic!