IAF files FIR on fraudulent withdrawal of money from bank
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force has registered an FIR with the Delhi Police in connection with over 40 cases of fraudulent withdrawal of money from the State Bank of India accounts of its officers posted at the Air headquarters here.
"It is intimated that a large number of cases have been reported by IAF officers having defence salary package account with State Bank of India stating fraudulent withdrawal of large amount of money from their salary accounts," the FIR registered by the force with Delhi Police`s Economic Offences Wing said.
"Since these transactions involve large sum of money, it is likely to have a direct effect on the morale of officers. Keeping this in mind, there is an urgent need to start investigation into these fraudulent withdrawals and to stop such transactions immediately," the complaint said.
The FIR was registered yesterday by the Commanding Officer of IAF`s Provost and Security Unit, Wing Commander Tejveer Singh.
IAF officials said the step was taken by the force after it emerged that more than 40 such cases had taken place after the accounts of IAF officers were opened in the State Bank of India.
The IAF had shifted bulk of its officers` bank accounts to the SBI in 2009-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Allergic customer dies after being served nut-based curry; restaurant owner found guilty
- Here's a guide to fertility preservation in adult female cancer survivors
- China apprehensive of Tim Cook's plans for India: Chinese media
- Hilarious: Can you guess who these face-swapped celebrities are? – Watch to know
- Himachal Pradesh favours more vehicles going to Rohtang Pass from Manali