Indian sailor found hanging aboard Navy ship
Mumbai: An Indian Navy Sailor was found hanging onboard warship INS Delhi here, prompting the Navy to set up a board of inquiry.
Abhishek Kumar Kushwaha was found hanging by a baggage chain, a defence release here said.
The Principal Medical Officer onboard the ship administered first aid and the sailor was subsequently transferred to INHS Asvini by 08:50 PM where he was declared brought dead.
The Sailor hailed from Uttar Pradesh and had reported to the ship after a 32-day leave.
His family members at Ballia have been informed, the release said, adding that Board of Inquiry has been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister