Indian sailor found hanging aboard Navy ship
Mumbai: An Indian Navy Sailor was found hanging onboard warship INS Delhi here, prompting the Navy to set up a board of inquiry.
Abhishek Kumar Kushwaha was found hanging by a baggage chain, a defence release here said.
The Principal Medical Officer onboard the ship administered first aid and the sailor was subsequently transferred to INHS Asvini by 08:50 PM where he was declared brought dead.
The Sailor hailed from Uttar Pradesh and had reported to the ship after a 32-day leave.
His family members at Ballia have been informed, the release said, adding that Board of Inquiry has been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok