Indian sailor found hanging aboard Navy ship
Mumbai: An Indian Navy Sailor was found hanging onboard warship INS Delhi here, prompting the Navy to set up a board of inquiry.
Abhishek Kumar Kushwaha was found hanging by a baggage chain, a defence release here said.
The Principal Medical Officer onboard the ship administered first aid and the sailor was subsequently transferred to INHS Asvini by 08:50 PM where he was declared brought dead.
The Sailor hailed from Uttar Pradesh and had reported to the ship after a 32-day leave.
His family members at Ballia have been informed, the release said, adding that Board of Inquiry has been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row