Indian sailor found hanging aboard Navy ship
Mumbai: An Indian Navy Sailor was found hanging onboard warship INS Delhi here, prompting the Navy to set up a board of inquiry.
Abhishek Kumar Kushwaha was found hanging by a baggage chain, a defence release here said.
The Principal Medical Officer onboard the ship administered first aid and the sailor was subsequently transferred to INHS Asvini by 08:50 PM where he was declared brought dead.
The Sailor hailed from Uttar Pradesh and had reported to the ship after a 32-day leave.
His family members at Ballia have been informed, the release said, adding that Board of Inquiry has been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site