Indian sailor found hanging aboard Navy ship
Mumbai: An Indian Navy Sailor was found hanging onboard warship INS Delhi here, prompting the Navy to set up a board of inquiry.
Abhishek Kumar Kushwaha was found hanging by a baggage chain, a defence release here said.
The Principal Medical Officer onboard the ship administered first aid and the sailor was subsequently transferred to INHS Asvini by 08:50 PM where he was declared brought dead.
The Sailor hailed from Uttar Pradesh and had reported to the ship after a 32-day leave.
His family members at Ballia have been informed, the release said, adding that Board of Inquiry has been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail