Israeli diplomats booked for assaulting Delhi airport official
New Delhi: Three Israeli diplomats were booked for slapping and thrashing an immigration official at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, police said Sunday.
A case under section 186 (obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions) and 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty) of the Indian Penal Code was registered against the three Israeli diplomats, who enjoy diplomatic immunity, said a senior police officer.
Police said immigration official Somveer was Saturday manhandled by the three young diplomats, who were on their way to Kathmandu, after they got angry over a delay in immigration formalities.
One of the diplomat also slapped Somveer and the entire incident was recorded on CCTV cameras installed on the premises.
Deputy Commissioner of Police IM Haider told IANS that the Israeli Embassy has been informed about the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional