Israeli diplomats booked for assaulting Delhi airport official
New Delhi: Three Israeli diplomats were booked for slapping and thrashing an immigration official at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, police said Sunday.
A case under section 186 (obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions) and 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty) of the Indian Penal Code was registered against the three Israeli diplomats, who enjoy diplomatic immunity, said a senior police officer.
Police said immigration official Somveer was Saturday manhandled by the three young diplomats, who were on their way to Kathmandu, after they got angry over a delay in immigration formalities.
One of the diplomat also slapped Somveer and the entire incident was recorded on CCTV cameras installed on the premises.
Deputy Commissioner of Police IM Haider told IANS that the Israeli Embassy has been informed about the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey