Jats threaten to stop drinking water supply to Delhi, stir on
Ghaziabad: All India Jat Reservation Committee threatened to cut off drinking water supply to Delhi by damaging the pipeline in Moradabad area of the district, even as their agitation for reservations in government jobs for their community entered tenth day on Saturday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tewari said that strict action will be taken against those who try to disturb law and order situation in the area. PAC personnel and police have been deployed to tighten security near the water regulator, he added.
AIJRC General secretary Satyapal Chodhary said the government is neglecting their demands even as committee members have been agitating from past 10 days in Muradabad, Kafurpur, Hakimpur, Bulandshahr, Jalalpur, Iglas areas of the district demanding reservation for for their community.
The committee today threatened to bust drinking water supply from Shamsher village pipeline in Muradabad area to Delhi in protest.
They also handed over a memorandum for the Prime Minister to the District Chief demanding the passing of reservation bill in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days