Jats threaten to stop drinking water supply to Delhi, stir on
Ghaziabad: All India Jat Reservation Committee threatened to cut off drinking water supply to Delhi by damaging the pipeline in Moradabad area of the district, even as their agitation for reservations in government jobs for their community entered tenth day on Saturday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tewari said that strict action will be taken against those who try to disturb law and order situation in the area. PAC personnel and police have been deployed to tighten security near the water regulator, he added.
AIJRC General secretary Satyapal Chodhary said the government is neglecting their demands even as committee members have been agitating from past 10 days in Muradabad, Kafurpur, Hakimpur, Bulandshahr, Jalalpur, Iglas areas of the district demanding reservation for for their community.
The committee today threatened to bust drinking water supply from Shamsher village pipeline in Muradabad area to Delhi in protest.
They also handed over a memorandum for the Prime Minister to the District Chief demanding the passing of reservation bill in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands