Jats threaten to stop drinking water supply to Delhi, stir on
Ghaziabad: All India Jat Reservation Committee threatened to cut off drinking water supply to Delhi by damaging the pipeline in Moradabad area of the district, even as their agitation for reservations in government jobs for their community entered tenth day on Saturday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tewari said that strict action will be taken against those who try to disturb law and order situation in the area. PAC personnel and police have been deployed to tighten security near the water regulator, he added.
AIJRC General secretary Satyapal Chodhary said the government is neglecting their demands even as committee members have been agitating from past 10 days in Muradabad, Kafurpur, Hakimpur, Bulandshahr, Jalalpur, Iglas areas of the district demanding reservation for for their community.
The committee today threatened to bust drinking water supply from Shamsher village pipeline in Muradabad area to Delhi in protest.
They also handed over a memorandum for the Prime Minister to the District Chief demanding the passing of reservation bill in Rajya Sabha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan