Jats threaten to stop drinking water supply to Delhi, stir on
Ghaziabad: All India Jat Reservation Committee threatened to cut off drinking water supply to Delhi by damaging the pipeline in Moradabad area of the district, even as their agitation for reservations in government jobs for their community entered tenth day on Saturday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tewari said that strict action will be taken against those who try to disturb law and order situation in the area. PAC personnel and police have been deployed to tighten security near the water regulator, he added.
AIJRC General secretary Satyapal Chodhary said the government is neglecting their demands even as committee members have been agitating from past 10 days in Muradabad, Kafurpur, Hakimpur, Bulandshahr, Jalalpur, Iglas areas of the district demanding reservation for for their community.
The committee today threatened to bust drinking water supply from Shamsher village pipeline in Muradabad area to Delhi in protest.
They also handed over a memorandum for the Prime Minister to the District Chief demanding the passing of reservation bill in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?