Jats threaten to stop drinking water supply to Delhi, stir on
Ghaziabad: All India Jat Reservation Committee threatened to cut off drinking water supply to Delhi by damaging the pipeline in Moradabad area of the district, even as their agitation for reservations in government jobs for their community entered tenth day on Saturday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tewari said that strict action will be taken against those who try to disturb law and order situation in the area. PAC personnel and police have been deployed to tighten security near the water regulator, he added.
AIJRC General secretary Satyapal Chodhary said the government is neglecting their demands even as committee members have been agitating from past 10 days in Muradabad, Kafurpur, Hakimpur, Bulandshahr, Jalalpur, Iglas areas of the district demanding reservation for for their community.
The committee today threatened to bust drinking water supply from Shamsher village pipeline in Muradabad area to Delhi in protest.
They also handed over a memorandum for the Prime Minister to the District Chief demanding the passing of reservation bill in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi