JD(U) MLA challenges BJP legislator to fight inside House
New Delhi: Unruly scenes were witnessed in Delhi Assembly on Thursday during trust vote proceedings as JD(U) MLA Shoaib Iqbal removed his coat to challenge BJP`s RP Song to a fight following a verbal spat between the two.
The altercation between Iqbal and some BJP MLAs erupted over the former`s remarks on RSS and the Ram Mandir issue.
Targeting BJP, Iqbal said the party never keeps its word and pointed out that it had failed to fulfil its promise on Ram Mandir. The comment riled some BJP MLAs who were soon locked in a verbal spat with Iqbal.
Iqbal and Singh then threatened to come to blows and, with the situation looking like it would get out of hand, pro-tem Speaker Mateen Ahmad ordered the former`s eviction from the House after he had taken off his coat in a challenge to the other MLA.
Marshals then came to escort Iqbal out of the House, but the situation was brought under control when Congress MLAs intervened and pacified the JD(U) leader. Singh had raised objection to Iqbal`s "unparliamentary" statements.
Upon BJP`s objections, Ahmad ordered Assembly officials to expunge "unparliamentary" words from Iqbal`s statement.
The Speaker also cautioned BJP MLAs against disrupting Assembly proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown