JD(U) MLA challenges BJP legislator to fight inside House
New Delhi: Unruly scenes were witnessed in Delhi Assembly on Thursday during trust vote proceedings as JD(U) MLA Shoaib Iqbal removed his coat to challenge BJP`s RP Song to a fight following a verbal spat between the two.
The altercation between Iqbal and some BJP MLAs erupted over the former`s remarks on RSS and the Ram Mandir issue.
Targeting BJP, Iqbal said the party never keeps its word and pointed out that it had failed to fulfil its promise on Ram Mandir. The comment riled some BJP MLAs who were soon locked in a verbal spat with Iqbal.
Iqbal and Singh then threatened to come to blows and, with the situation looking like it would get out of hand, pro-tem Speaker Mateen Ahmad ordered the former`s eviction from the House after he had taken off his coat in a challenge to the other MLA.
Marshals then came to escort Iqbal out of the House, but the situation was brought under control when Congress MLAs intervened and pacified the JD(U) leader. Singh had raised objection to Iqbal`s "unparliamentary" statements.
Upon BJP`s objections, Ahmad ordered Assembly officials to expunge "unparliamentary" words from Iqbal`s statement.
The Speaker also cautioned BJP MLAs against disrupting Assembly proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'