JD(U) MLA challenges BJP legislator to fight inside House
New Delhi: Unruly scenes were witnessed in Delhi Assembly on Thursday during trust vote proceedings as JD(U) MLA Shoaib Iqbal removed his coat to challenge BJP`s RP Song to a fight following a verbal spat between the two.
The altercation between Iqbal and some BJP MLAs erupted over the former`s remarks on RSS and the Ram Mandir issue.
Targeting BJP, Iqbal said the party never keeps its word and pointed out that it had failed to fulfil its promise on Ram Mandir. The comment riled some BJP MLAs who were soon locked in a verbal spat with Iqbal.
Iqbal and Singh then threatened to come to blows and, with the situation looking like it would get out of hand, pro-tem Speaker Mateen Ahmad ordered the former`s eviction from the House after he had taken off his coat in a challenge to the other MLA.
Marshals then came to escort Iqbal out of the House, but the situation was brought under control when Congress MLAs intervened and pacified the JD(U) leader. Singh had raised objection to Iqbal`s "unparliamentary" statements.
Upon BJP`s objections, Ahmad ordered Assembly officials to expunge "unparliamentary" words from Iqbal`s statement.
The Speaker also cautioned BJP MLAs against disrupting Assembly proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test