Judiciary ruling the country: Kuldip Nayar
Vijayawada: Eminent journalist Kuldip Nayar
on Sunday said judiciary was virtually ruling the country these
"Judiciary is governing our country due to lack of
transparency in the political system," he said at a `meet the
press` programme at Vijayawada Press Club.
People`s expectations from the judiciary were increasing
because of the failure of the political class, he said.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh could have done more, but
his hands are tied with the coalition `Dharma`, Nayar said.
On Telangana agitation, he said small states do not
necessarily bring prosperity. "People in Punjab are now
realising that bifurcation of the state was a mistake," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed