Lajpat Nagar blast accused disputes date of arrest
New Delhi: In a bid to falsify the police version, another accused in 1996 Lajpat Nagar blast case Tuesday told a Delhi court that he was picked up from Nepal almost a
week before being shown as arrested.
"Accused Mirza Nissar Hussain was actually picked up
from a place in Nepal on June 9, 1996. However, the police
wrongly claimed that they arrested him on June 16 from a hotel
at Mussorrie," defence counsel Khalil A Ansari told District
and Sessions Judge S P Garg.
The counsel disputed the date and the place of arrest
of Hussain, saying "he has been framed and the recoveries of
explosives and other incriminating objects have been planted
Neither any witness from Mussorrie has been examined
nor the records of the "so-called" hotel have been produced by
the prosecution, he said.=
Earlier, accused Naushad had disputed the date of his
Naushad was picked up on May 28, 1996, but the police
claimed he was arrested from New Delhi Railway station on
June 14, minutes before he was to board a Gorakhpur-bound
train," the defence counsel had said.
Advancing of final arguments in the 13-year-old case
remained inconclusive and would continue tomorrow.
The prosecutor, however, said there was sufficient
evidence against the 10 accused for convicting them for their
roles in the blast that had rocked a busy market here on the
evening of May 21, 1996, killing 13 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'