Land scam: Court bars further transfer of plots
New Delhi: A court hearing the multi-crore Molarband and Dheerpur land scam case allegedly involving former Delhi Assembly canteen contractor Ashok Malhotra has ordered the CBI and the DDA to ensure that the plots allotted fraudulently are not transferred to subsequent buyers.
Special CBI Judge AK Mendiratta gave the order while deciding to frame charges against seven persons including Malhotra in two charge sheets relating to the fraudulent plot allotments in Dheerpur Phase I and Nehru Vihar.
"It is a matter of concern that the allotments were made to ineligible/fictitious persons and the plots also appear to have been further transferred to innocent purchasers who may have spent their life time earnings. If the allotment to the initial allottee itself was fraudulent, no valid title could be legally passed to the subsequent purchasers/ transferee," the court said.
"The prosecution as well as DDA are directed to take necessary steps to ensure that the plots involved in the present 6 chargesheets (pertaining to fraudulent allotment in Dheerpur and Nehru Vihar area) are not further transferred to prevent duping of any bonafide purchaser," it ordered.
The court also directed that a notification be issued to the public specifying the 17 plots involved in fraudulent allotment in the 6 charge sheets and called for an action taken report from the DDA vice-chairman on September 7.
The CBI has filed 16 charge sheets covering fictitious allotment of plots under Resettlement Scheme of Slum & JJ Department and Scheme for Redevelopment of Kingsway Camp area. Malhotra, who earlier worked as a `chhole bhature` vendor and later got the contract to run Delhi assembly canteen, is a common accused in all the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...