Land scam: Court bars further transfer of plots
New Delhi: A court hearing the multi-crore Molarband and Dheerpur land scam case allegedly involving former Delhi Assembly canteen contractor Ashok Malhotra has ordered the CBI and the DDA to ensure that the plots allotted fraudulently are not transferred to subsequent buyers.
Special CBI Judge AK Mendiratta gave the order while deciding to frame charges against seven persons including Malhotra in two charge sheets relating to the fraudulent plot allotments in Dheerpur Phase I and Nehru Vihar.
"It is a matter of concern that the allotments were made to ineligible/fictitious persons and the plots also appear to have been further transferred to innocent purchasers who may have spent their life time earnings. If the allotment to the initial allottee itself was fraudulent, no valid title could be legally passed to the subsequent purchasers/ transferee," the court said.
"The prosecution as well as DDA are directed to take necessary steps to ensure that the plots involved in the present 6 chargesheets (pertaining to fraudulent allotment in Dheerpur and Nehru Vihar area) are not further transferred to prevent duping of any bonafide purchaser," it ordered.
The court also directed that a notification be issued to the public specifying the 17 plots involved in fraudulent allotment in the 6 charge sheets and called for an action taken report from the DDA vice-chairman on September 7.
The CBI has filed 16 charge sheets covering fictitious allotment of plots under Resettlement Scheme of Slum & JJ Department and Scheme for Redevelopment of Kingsway Camp area. Malhotra, who earlier worked as a `chhole bhature` vendor and later got the contract to run Delhi assembly canteen, is a common accused in all the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday