Laptop stolen from Team Anna protest venue
New Delhi: A volunteer of Team Anna helping the medical unit became the victim of theives at the hunger strike protest venue when her laptop was stolen by some unidentified persons.
Police said the incident took place on the early morning of July 29 and a case was registered yesterday after the victim, who is an employee of an NGO, approached police.
According to the complainant, she was assisting as a coordinator in the medical team looking after the health screening and lab investigations in the medical aid centre set up at Jantar Mantar protest venue.
Her laptop was stolen between 3 am and 7:30 am of July 29.
"The content of the laptop is very important," she said in the complaint and added, as per the CCTV footage of that site, our team with the help of a Sub Inspector identified five volunteers who were "probably present during the time when the incident took place".
The complainant has named five volunteers, including one girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet