Lt Governor defends move to trifurcate MCD
New Delhi: Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder
Khanna today defended the move to trifurcate the Municipal
Corporation of Delhi (MCD), saying smaller bodies would
redress civic grievances "more expeditiously and effectively".
"A widely shared desire for better municipal governance
will be realised shortly with the trifurcation of the MCD...
the day-to-day problems of the citizens will be addressed more
expeditiously and effectively," he said in his customary
address to the Delhi Assembly in its Winter session which
The five-day session got off to a stormy start with the
Congress government coming under fire from BJP over issues
like corruption and trifurcation of the municpal corporation.
Khanna, however, was all praise for the Sheila Dikshit
government saying it had made "relentless efforts to make
itself participatory, consensus-oriented, accountable and
"A number of steps have been taken spanning
administrative reforms and social welfare to impart a new
fillip to the ongoing process of good governance," he said,
adding, the priniciple of inclusive growth had been the
"cornerstone of its policies".
The Lt Governor also commended the new policies and
welfare schemes introduced by the government, including steps
taken towards e-governance, expansion of metro network and
development of infrastructure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!