Lt Guv for better traffic management in Delhi
New Delhi: Underlining the need for better
traffic management, Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna on Wednesday
suggested introduction of intelligent traffic system on the
lines of one installed in the Bus Rapid Corridor in South
Khanna said the city must have a improved traffic system
to overcome the problem of slow traffic and streamline the
Khanna was speaking after visiting the Operation
Maintenance Centre of Delhi Transport Corporation in Kashmere
The state-of-the-art Centre has been set up to streamline
the movement of DTC buses across the city through IT-driven
communication network. All the low-floor buses will be fitted
with GPS systems and the centre will manage their movement
through data received through GPS devices.
"We will have to modernize the traffic management,"
The Delhi police had planned to carry out major overhaul
of the traffic system by introducing IT-driven Intelligent
Traffic System (ITS) before the Commonwealth Games last year
to monitor and streamline vehicular movement but the project
was yet to be implemented.
The police had identified 55 major roads, measuring
217.96 km, and about 200 intersections to be covered under the
The traffic signal system in the BRT corridor between
Ambedkar Nagar and Moolchand Flyover was developed by Delhi
Integrated Multimodel Transport System, which is a Delhi
government entity, in cooperation with Delhi IIT.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India