Lt Guv for better traffic management in Delhi
New Delhi: Underlining the need for better
traffic management, Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna on Wednesday
suggested introduction of intelligent traffic system on the
lines of one installed in the Bus Rapid Corridor in South
Khanna said the city must have a improved traffic system
to overcome the problem of slow traffic and streamline the
Khanna was speaking after visiting the Operation
Maintenance Centre of Delhi Transport Corporation in Kashmere
The state-of-the-art Centre has been set up to streamline
the movement of DTC buses across the city through IT-driven
communication network. All the low-floor buses will be fitted
with GPS systems and the centre will manage their movement
through data received through GPS devices.
"We will have to modernize the traffic management,"
The Delhi police had planned to carry out major overhaul
of the traffic system by introducing IT-driven Intelligent
Traffic System (ITS) before the Commonwealth Games last year
to monitor and streamline vehicular movement but the project
was yet to be implemented.
The police had identified 55 major roads, measuring
217.96 km, and about 200 intersections to be covered under the
The traffic signal system in the BRT corridor between
Ambedkar Nagar and Moolchand Flyover was developed by Delhi
Integrated Multimodel Transport System, which is a Delhi
government entity, in cooperation with Delhi IIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi