Man bludgeoned to death over Rs 2,000 in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly killing an acquaintance by smashing his head with a pole following a quarrel over theft of Rs 2,000 in December last year in outer Delhi`s Alipur area, police said on Wednesday.
The accused, Chhote - a resident of village Puranpur in Uttar Pradesh`s Farukkhabad district, was arrested from his village under Arms Act by UP police.
He was remanded in two-day police custody after he was produced in a Rohini court by Farukhabad jail authorities on a production warrant on Monday last.
"During interrogation, he confessed that he had killed his acquaintance Sarvesh, resident of village Asani Newada of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh, while consuming alcohol at the victim`s rented accommodation on December 18.
"Chhote fell asleep and when he woke up after sometime, he found his Rs 2,000 were missing. He suspected Sarvesh to have taken his money and had an argument during which Sarvesh slapped him. This made him feel insulted," said B S Jaiswal, DCP Outer Delhi.
The accused went back home, consumed alcohol and brought a heavy wooden pole. Sarvesh also brought more alcohol and both consumed it. In the meantime, an argument broke out again between them and Chote hit Sarvesh with the pole and ran away after locking the door from outside, the official said.
Police had received call at 5.54 PM after neighbours at Nawal Park Alipur didn`t hear from Sarvesh in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...