Man bludgeoned to death over Rs 2,000 in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly killing an acquaintance by smashing his head with a pole following a quarrel over theft of Rs 2,000 in December last year in outer Delhi`s Alipur area, police said on Wednesday.
The accused, Chhote - a resident of village Puranpur in Uttar Pradesh`s Farukkhabad district, was arrested from his village under Arms Act by UP police.
He was remanded in two-day police custody after he was produced in a Rohini court by Farukhabad jail authorities on a production warrant on Monday last.
"During interrogation, he confessed that he had killed his acquaintance Sarvesh, resident of village Asani Newada of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh, while consuming alcohol at the victim`s rented accommodation on December 18.
"Chhote fell asleep and when he woke up after sometime, he found his Rs 2,000 were missing. He suspected Sarvesh to have taken his money and had an argument during which Sarvesh slapped him. This made him feel insulted," said B S Jaiswal, DCP Outer Delhi.
The accused went back home, consumed alcohol and brought a heavy wooden pole. Sarvesh also brought more alcohol and both consumed it. In the meantime, an argument broke out again between them and Chote hit Sarvesh with the pole and ran away after locking the door from outside, the official said.
Police had received call at 5.54 PM after neighbours at Nawal Park Alipur didn`t hear from Sarvesh in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test