Man gets 10 years jail for raping woman
New Delhi: A Delhi Court has sentenced a 44-year-old man for 10 years imprisonment on charges of raping a married woman, also his distant relative, when she was alone in her room.
The court held Uttar Pradesh resident Prem Pal guilty of raping the 30-year-old woman in 2011 when he was staying in her house for few days.
"Prosecution has thus categorically proved beyond shadows of all reasonable doubts that on June 6, 2011...Accused Prem Pal committed rape upon the prosecutrix aged around 30 years without her consent and against her will," Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta said.
"I am of the considered opinion that the ends of justice can be met by sentencing convict Prem Pal to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of ten years and to pay a fine of Rs 10,000...Under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC," the judge said.
The woman had told the court that on June 6, 2011, she along with her husband, sister-in-law and her brother Prem Pal were sitting at the roof top of her house. Her husband went to his work and also asked Prem Pal to accompany while her sister-in-law went to her room.
The accused instead of going with the woman`s husband came to her room when she along with her one-month-old daughter was resting there and raped her, she had told the court.
The woman said she resisted and due to which her infant daughter fell from the bed and Prem Pal left her room. In the afternoon, when her husband came home, she disclosed the incident to him and they informed the police.
A case was registered against Prem Pal at Shalimar Bagh police station in North West Delhi and he was arrested.
During the trial, Prem Pal claimed he has been falsely implicated in the case as he used to take side of his sister in the family dispute between the woman and her sister-in-law, who was the accused`s sister.
The court, however, rejected his submissions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Hilarious! Salman Khan was in tears for a moment while filming ‘Sultan’ – Know why
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof